Green Mary Week Highlights
Green Mary Week 2017 was a resounding success with lots of our Green Mary teams getting involved in sustainability events around the university. Read below for some highlights from the week, including some great work from our Green Mary teams.
- Over 50 bikes were maintained for FREE by Bikeworks over the week
- Students and staff members from Estates, the Marketing and International and Widening Participation were able to visit Bywaters Materials Recycling Facility in Bow and get an insight into what happens to recycling
- Our Green Mary teams rallied together to raise a grand total of 320 items for the Bow Food Bank Green Mary Week competition!
- Our allotment team members came together for a social and productive afternoon of gardening
- Widening Participation took part in some Green Mary Week challenges which included staff members going vegan, vegetarian and doing the pedometer challenge
- The Careers and Enterprise team got involved my purchasing a recycled bike from Recycle Your Cycle and also held a swap shop for Fairtrade Fortnight
- The EnvironMental Team (Marketing and International) had a Green T-shirt Day (with team logos) to promote the week
You can see more photos from the week here! Keep checking back on our blog as we will be adding guest blogs from our Green Mary Week teams!
If you would like to influence sustainability at QMUL, please fill in our short sustainability survey.