Green Mary Day is on Thursday 24th September and will be showcasing some of the ways students can get involved in sustainability around QMUL. Here are 5 reasons why you should come along and say hi:
- Freebies! Everyone loves a freebie, and we’ve got loads to give out on the day. If you come along you can get your hands on Green Mary bags, pens, pencils and even herb seed sticks for any budding gardeners out there.
- There will be a 6 metre tall purple binbot on campus and, if that’s not enough, you could also win a £20 One4All voucher if you take a #robotselfie and post it on twitter tagging @QMSustain.
- There will be a trained mechanic on site giving free bike maintenance – places are first come first served so make sure you get in early.
- If that wasn’t enough to entice you cyclists, we’ll also be giving out vouchers for free cycle safety training and the Metropolitan Police will be there marking bikes for free from 12 noon.
- Tower Hamlets Clean and Green Volunteering team will be there to give you information about how you can make an impact in the local community and gain skills to go on your CV.
So, see you down at Library Square on Thursday 11am-2pm – you won’t be able to miss us, just look for the giant purple robot!
If you have any questions, get in touch with the sustainability team at firstname.lastname@example.org or tweet us @QMSustain. We look forward to seeing you!
Blog post by Sara Aziz, Sustainability and Energy Project Assistant.